This distinctive sea salt get its unique look and mineral-rich flavor from the soil composition of the Hawaiian salt beds where crystallization takes place.
Today, Black Lava Salt is made by blending Hawaiian sea salt with activated charcoal, a technique that harks back to a time when lava powder mixed naturally with drying sea water to form dark crystals. Our black lava salt is stunning on the plate. A bit sprinkled over salmon carpaccio or on the edge of a cup of bright green pea soup first thrills the eyes and then the palate.
Why We Like It
We eat with our eyes first, and this vivid salt is a visual treat. It is great for adding a sprinkle of color to a dish or making playful creations like pumpkin soup with black lava salt for Halloween. KL Keller Hawaiian sea salts are really made in Hawaii and they contain no anti-caking or flowing agents.
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- Adorn the edge of a cup of brightly colored soup
- Garnish a yellowfin tuna carpaccio
- Sprinkle on a baked potato with sour cream and serve with steak
- Dust over Caesar salad
- Rim Margarita glasses for a fun take on the classic cocktail
- Make really devilish looking deviled eggs
- Adorn jack-o'-lantern (pumpkin) soup for Halloween
- Serve poached eggs over polenta, with Black Lava Salt on top
- Mix with smoked pimentón and toss with popcorn
- Sprinkle over roasted asparagus
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81303||10 lbs||1||N/A||packed to order/ships separately|
|81304||6.5 oz||12||7 93232 81304 2|