This distinctive sea salt get its unique look and mineral-rich flavor from the soil composition of the Hawaiian salt beds where crystallization takes place.
Alaea Red Sea Salt has a beautiful rust color and a hint of flinty flavor thanks to iron-rich red clay. In Hawaii, this salt is used with all types of pork. We also like it in a Thanksgiving turkey rub or, for a multihued starter, sprinkled over caprese salad.
Why We Like It
We eat with our eyes first, and this salt is a visual treat. It is great for adding a dash of color to any dish or making playful creations like brownies sprinkled with red sea salt. KL Keller Hawaiian sea salts are really made in Hawaii and they contain no anti-caking or flowing agents.
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- Top a caprese salad
- Finish a sautéed snapper fillet right before serving
- Rub on a pork tenderloin and barbecue
- Toss with oven roasted potatoes
- Use in a marinade for grilled shrimp
- Create a colorful rub for roast turkey
- Rim the edge of a Bloody Mary glass (just like a Margarita)
- Make Hawaiian red tuna poke
- Sprinkle (lightly) over a chocolate cupcake
- Add to scrambled eggs
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81301||10 lbs||1||N/A||packed to order/ships separately|
|81305||6.5 oz||12||7 93232 81305 9|