Depending on its nectar source, honey will display strikingly different flavors and aromas. In creating KL Keller Savory Honey, we carefully match each honey’s unique flavor to our chosen savory ingredient. Selected with this level of care, each flavor component enhances the other, creating a nuanced savory honey condiment.
KL Keller Black Truffle Honey is made with earthy wildflower honey, a graceful counterpart to the woodsy umami of black truffle.
Why We Like It
We make KL Keller Black Truffle Honey with local, small-production wildflower honey and blend it with Italian black truffles. In all, we tasted ten different honeys from ten different beekeepers (we were amazed by the differences in each honey of the same type). Finally, we selected the best honey for complementing the particular qualities of black truffle. One more thing: The jars are just the right size for keeping keep a couple on hand in your pantry.
Why did I want savory honeys in my kitchen? No one but Johnny Cash gets up and wears black every day. We all wear different colors, depending on the day and by the season. Likewise, different ingredients are part of our flavor wardrobe. Inventing our savory honeys gave me the chance to create dishes with flavors I would not usually have around. The idea for our manageably-sized jars came with my wish to expand my flavor wardrobe without having to expand my pantry.
Ingredients: American wildflower honey, truffle aroma, Italian black truffle pieces
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- 5 Cheese Pleasers:
- Drizzle it over Gorgonzola cheese
- Spread it on Manchego and serve with almonds
- Swirl it over a crostini topped with Taleggio
- Serve with St. Agur and walnuts
- Make crostini with ricotta, fig, black truffle honey and balsamic
- Make salmon fillets glazed with KL Keller Black Truffle Honey
- Use it to baste oven-roasted chicken wings
- Use it in a vinaigrette for chicken salad (as chic as mixing couture with ready-to-wear)
- Make a marinade/glaze for roast quail
- Melt onto a warm grilled roasted pork tenderloin
5 more ways:
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81418||4 oz||9||7 93232 81418 6||New item|