This sublime, spicy jelly is a family inspiration from la Maison du Piment, French Basque makers of Piment d’Espelette AOP. It contains 15% freshly harvested, ripe Espelette peppers, which confer a spicy, fruity taste and aroma.
It is only produced once a year, during the harvest. Producer Vincent Darritchon, working from a recipe his mother Jeanne-Marie created in 1998 in the kitchen of La Maison du Piment, shows wonderful restraint in his making. First, he gently heats a fresh red pepper coulis in a four-gallon copper bain-marie. He then uses this small-batch coulis to make a beautifully balanced jelly.
Why We Like It
This is a fun new idea. It’s really versatile, and—unlike other pepper jellies—it has a warm, food-friendly flavor that won’t rip your head off. Also, the size is right when you want to keep a diversified pantry: plenty, but not too much!
A KL Keller Exclusive
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- Use it to slather oven-roasted chicken wings
- Make blue cheese and espelette pepper jelly crostini (yum)
- Finish Double Deviled Eggs with droplets of the jelly
- Serve with foie gras
- Drizzle on top of traditional cheesecake or over a chocolate torte
- Make a peanut butter and espelette pepper jelly sandwich
- Use it as a glaze for oven-roasted duck thighs
- It's great with any rare meat like duck or boudin noir
- Drizzle into bubbly and make a Kir Basque
- Drizzle over fresh goat cheese and serve with crackers
- Oh, and don’t forget the pig! Pork ribs slathered with Espelette Pepper Jelly by Maison du Piment are fantastic.
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81424||100 g||12||3 760141 020028||New item|