Green Beans with Walnut Oil
- Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- Origin: France
- PRINT RECIPE:
Stilton or Gorgonzola add depth to this simply prepared, flavorful green bean salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs Blue Lake green beans
- 1/4 cup J. Leblanc Walnut Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup flat Italian parsley stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- salt to taste
- optional: Stilton, Gorgonzola or Bleu d'Auverne cheese
Prepare green beans for cooking by stemming and removing any tough or blemished spots, and make sure that there are no strings.
Blanche or steam beans according to preference, drain if necessary, salt if needed.
Add walnut oil and chopped parsley and toss, coating beans until they have "wet" appearance.
Pepper to taste, garnish with toasted walnuts. For a special treat, sprinkle with a good blue cheese like Neal's Yard Dairy Colston Basset Stilton. Serve with hearty sandwiches at a picnic, or as an accompaniment to grill roasted meats.